When you find something that you love, you want to share it with your friends! This is even more true when you find something that helps your kids feel better … or sleep better … or helps them to focus and gives them confidence to excel! Essential oils changed our life for the better, and so I shared. The paycheck I received from Young Living the next month was a nice bonus! Would you like to learn more about how you can share oils with your friends?
to have the drive, stamina, and determination to push through any challenge or obstacle thrown your way until you succeed.
Generally, the first way that we begin sharing essential oils is with our family and friends. We purchase a starter kit or some oils from Young Living, the oils “work”, and now we’re excited!! As we share our success stories, inevitably someone is going to ask, “How can I get some?”
The best way for them to get essential oils is to create their own account with Young Living, but you may be puzzled about how to go about doing this. No worries! It’s super simple to help someone get started …
There are two ways that you could help someone create their account:
- Have them go to www.youngliving.com. They can add the items that they want to their cart. When they go to checkout, they will need to create an account to continue. When they are creating an account, there will be a space where they can add a sponsor ID number and an enroller ID number. This is where they will enter YOUR member number (they will need to enter it twice, for both the enroller and the sponsor).
- The second option is even easier! You can go to your Young Living account ahead of time and create a special link that includes your member number so you don’t need to worry about them entering your number incorrectly. Plus, it takes them right to the website where they can order! Here is where you will go to create your link: https://www.youngliving.com/us/en/myaccount/shareyl (You can also find it if you log in to your Young Living website, click on the drop down menu, and the click on “Share YL”). Once you’ve created your special link, you can simply text or message this link to them, and it will take them right to the website (with your member number already included). When they go to checkout and create their account, this is what it will look like now:
It is good to know one more thing: how to help them unlock their 24% discount. This may be a little different than the way that you did it, as this process was changed in the summer of 2021.
For someone to receive a 24% wholesale discount on their order, they will need to:
- Order at least 100PV worth of products (this is the equivalent of around $100). When they do this, they will unlock the 24% discount on anything else they order for the next 12 months.
- They can order via subscription (called “Subscribe to Save”). There is no minimum amount they are required to order. As long as it’s a subscription order, they will receive 24% off. If they order more than 50PV (about $50), they will also receive an additional 10% back in rewards points that they can use at a later time to redeem free products!
And that’s it! The website will walk them through the rest of the enrollment process.
How Young Living Thanks You for Sharing:
This is something that has recently changed a bit. In order to receive commission from sharing essential oils with others, you first have to become a brand partner. To do that, you simply purchase a “Business Essentials Kit” from Young Living. It costs $29.95 and includes:
- A 90 day MyYL trial: a great tool for building your business website and sharing YL
- RISE booklet: a step-by-step guide with tips, training videos, and worksheets
- RISE 90-day planner: a planning calendar for setting and tracking your business goals
- RISE to Royal brochure: a guide through the perks that await you at every rank within YL
- YL Insights card: a snapshot of how YL Insights can help you manage your business
- Silver Bound flyer: a road map for structuring your team for success
I honestly love this change and am so glad that these tools are available to you right away as soon as you begin your business! <3
You can purchase your Business Essentials Kit here
To receive a check, you will need to purchase a Business Essentials kit first. But oops! What if you already gave your member number to your mom, she bought some oils yesterday, and you didn’t become a brand partner yet? No worries! You just need to remember to purchase your business kit (become a brand partner) in the same month as the person who enrolled with you. So if your mom bought her oils on November 15th, you need to make sure you become a brand partner in the month of November.
Lastly, in order to receive commission:
- If you are at an Associate, Star, Senior Star, or Executive rank, you will need to have a minimum of 100CV (“customer volume”) a month to receive a paycheck for that month. What this means is, between how much you order and how much the customers on your team order, it needs to equal at least 100pv (“point value”). Example: you order 30pv, and on your team, your mom (customer) orders 40pv, and your aunt (customer) orders 90pv. That equals 160pv, which is more than 100 in “customer value”. So you would qualify to receive a check that month. (I promise, it’s not as complicated as it seems!)
- If you reach the rank of Silver or above, it’s simple. You have to spend a minimum of 100pv yourself in order to earn commission for that month.
While it might seem a bit complex as you’re first starting out, it’s actually a gift to you, as you aren’t required to spend at least $100 every month when you’re just beginning: your customer’s orders also count 🙂